- Information Technology
- MA, USA
- Full Time Regular
DATE: January 7th, 2013
TITLE: Junior Network Administrator/ Help Desk Associate
DEPT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Information Technology
HOURS: Full Time Regular, Tuesday- Saturday, 9:00am-5:00pm
Responsibilities include configuring and maintaining Aquarium servers. Daily duties include performing adds, removes and changes of network users and groups. Troubleshoot connectivity issues between clients, peripherals, and servers. Handle backup and restore procedures. Install, maintain and monitor anti-virus software on servers and clients. Support Windows and Macintosh desktop hardware and software as part of helpdesk function. Provide support to all point-of-sale locations, including ticketing and food service. Assist with business system support and system upgrades.
Schedule for the position is Tuesday- Saturday, 9:00am-5:00pm, 35 hours per week.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain servers and network hardware.
- Performs network troubleshooting and provides setup, installation, and support for all users.
- Daily administration performing adds, moves, and changes of network ids and email addresses.
- Perform Windows updates for all users.
- Maintain and monitor virus protection for all NEAq servers.
- Daily administration of core network services, such as email (Microsoft Exchange), Active directory, group policy, DNS, DHCP, MS SQL, etc.
- Administration of all IP telephony network hardware and software, call managers, telephones, auto attendant, and call center software
- Responsible for telecommunications cabling, patch panels and data closets.
- Must work a regular schedule to include a weekend day. Schedules may be adjusted to provide support during peak times and off hours for projects.
- Administration of backup and recovery for servers.
- Installation of department specific software packages and/or software settings on end user workstations, as well as repair and maintain specific software.
- Performs network cabling termination, when required.
- Provide support for retail and point of sale system software and hardware.
- Responsible for keeping physical organization of computer rooms and closets.
- Keeps helpdesk and inventory database up-to-date, in conjunction with other members of department
- Performs other position-related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Training and Experience
- Requires BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field and 3 years of desktop support and 1 ½ years of network administration experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Hands-on software experience to include Windows server OS in a MS Windows Active Directory preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, PC and Macintosh applications, including Microsoft Office, Trend Micro Anti-virus, and Retrospect.
- Hands-on hardware experience with Windows desktops and servers, components, peripherals, and cable termination and troubleshooting. Experience with Cisco network hardware is helpful.
- Experience with backup systems, tape and disk.
- Experience with UPS hardware and power management systems.
- Position requires a dedicated professional with a proven track record of reliability and required skills. Ability to work with others, good problem solving, communication and customer service skills.
- Driver's License preferred for weekly trips to provide support to the New England Aquarium's off-site Animal Care Center.
New England Aquarium is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity in the workplace.