- Boston, MA, USA
- Full Time Regular
DATE: February 13, 2013
TITLE: Cash Room Accounting Clerk
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Cash Room
HOURS: Wednesday-Saturday 8 hours (alternating shifts 8-4, 9-5 or 10-6, 11-7(Summer Sat only))
Must be able to work holidays and a flexible schedule as shown above to accommodate extended hours during summer, school vacation weeks and other peak periods.
Responsible for opening/closing the cash room as well as performing a variety of clerical accounting functions such as compiling and sorting cash, calculating and verifying daily cash amounts, and preparing posting transactions to accounts.
1. Prepares daily cash and change banks for user departments. Verifies daily cash and check deposits; handles all cash and check receivables.
2. Responsible for opening and closing procedures, such as balancing cash on hand.
3. Reconciles all coupon deposits (daily/monthly).
4. Prepares invoices at month end and reconciliation sheet for all coupons.
5. Reconciles petty cash and posts transactions to MIP.
6. Reconciles parking passes daily. Distributes and monitors parking passes and petty cash.
7. Prepares and posts to MIP all miscellaneous cash receipts
8. Performs other position-related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Training and Experience
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and 1 to 2 years of cash handling experience and clerical accounting experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Mathematical and trouble-shooting skills
• Basic knowledge of certain computer programs (i.e. Windows 7, Excel)
• Good communication skills (oral and written) with strong customer service orientation
• Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
• Ability to work in confined quarters, multi task and work well under pressure
• Organized and detail oriented. Able to work well independently
• Able to work holidays and a flexible schedule during summer hours and peak periods as required.
This position requires successful completion of a CORI background check.
New England Aquarium is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.NEAQ.ORG TO APPLY ONLINE
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!