- Box Office
- Boston, MA, USA
- Part Time Temporary/Seasonal
Staff in this position sell Aquarium and IMAX tickets, follow cashiering procedures under the leadership of the Lead Cashiers and perform theatre host duties in the IMAX Theatre under the leadership of Theatre Leads.
This position is Seasonal "flex" and will work through September 2nd. Schedule will be 1-2 weekdays plus Saturday, working approximately 20 hours per week through June and then will go up to about 30 hours per week in July and August.
Schedules will vary but do require at least 1 weekend day per week. Hours may be during the day (8:30am-5:00pm, 10:00am-7:00pm) or evenings (4:00pm-8:00pm).
• Provides first-class customer service. Demonstrates consistently high standards of interaction with visitors and fellow staff members.
• Provides information about and sells tickets for the Aquarium and IMAX, including reserved tickets.
• Performs host duties of taking tickets, cleaning 3D glasses, bussing the theatre and cleaning rest rooms.
• Up-sells to combo tickets.
• Performs and reconciles daily deposits.
• Knows all discounts, coupons and promotions that pertain to the ticketing function.
• Reacts calmly and pleasantly in stressful situations.
• Functions as a line facilitator, directing and assisting visitors as they enter the ticketing queues.
Performs other position-related duties, as assigned.
Strict adherence to performance, dress code and punctuality standards required..
Minimum Training and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and 6 months of job-related experience preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Cashier skills and experience.
• Computer experience.
• Customer service experience in a fast paced, high volume environment.
• Strong communication skills.
New England Aquarium is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!