- Box Office
- MA, USA
- Part Time Temporary/Seasonal
Daily oversees the staff and general operation of the main ticket booth and/or IMAX theatre. This involves duties including staff supervision and scheduling, cashier reconciliation, nightly reporting, and security issues. Maintain a safe, fun, and educational environment for guests and staff that support the Aquarium's mission, while promoting Aquarium programs and IMAX films. Oversees the IMAX box office and theater operations during private events (often in conjunction with a supervisor or director).
This is a Seasonal position through September 2nd. Schedule will be Thursday- Sunday, 6 hours per day for a total of 25 hours per week. In mid- June, the schedule changes to approximately 30 hours per week through Labor Day.
1. Oversees, trains and monitors cashier/host staff in the ticket booth and the IMAX Theatre and ensures that they are completing their assigned tasks and duties appropriately. Reinforces department policies and reports any staffing issues to the supervisor on duty.
2. Demonstrates consistently high standards of interaction with visitors and fellow staff members by providing excellent customer service as detailed in the Box Office Standards. Leads by example. In conjunction with a Box Office Supervisor, resolves any customer service issues regarding policies or conflicts that may occur.
3. Schedules daily duties for cashiers/hosts in all areas of the department.
4. Responsible for knowing and informing cashiers of all discounts, coupons and promotions that pertain to the ticketing function and overseeing redemption of same. Calmly handles customer complaints; voids and corrects transaction errors.
5. Responsible for the daily opening and closing procedures for the main ticket booth, whale watch booth, and/or IMAX box office, including inventory of supplies, City Passes, gift certificates, and ticket stock. Prepares theatre for daily operations: checks security of building, turns on/off all AV equipment and computers; oversees theatre lobbies, bathrooms and stairwells, ensuring that they remain clean of trash; completes financial and operational paperwork (i.e., film attendance, staff daily assignments, and deposits of box office sales) and reports any discrepancies and logistical errors to senior management.
6. Up-sells to combo tickets for all venues; ensures that cashiers do the same. Functions as a Line Facilitator directing and assisting visitors as they enter the Plaza and ticketing queues. Greets and organizes groups that enter the plaza area.
7. Compiles totals of all data for films in attendance, grosses earned, and tickets sold. Sends results to various contractually required contacts nightly.
8. Performs opening and closing speeches for each IMAX film and other announcements as necessary. Performs all hosting and cashiering job requirements as needed. Performs other position-related duties as assigned.
9. Manages any unforeseen situations such as, robbery, fire, theft, alarm testing, power outages, lightning strikes and elevator repairs when there are no supervisors on duty. Coordinates theatre operations when technical difficulties alter the film schedule.
10. Performs other position-related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Training and Experience
• Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and some college.
• 2 years job-related experience.
• 1 year of supervisory experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• This position requires a person who is energetic, enthusiastic and outgoing
• Cashiering skills and computer experience required.
• Strong supervisory skills required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate calmly and effectively while under pressure.
• Comfortable with large crowds and ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Maintain an energetic, friendly, positive and welcoming demeanor for all guests and staff.
• Quality customer service experience in a fast paced high volume environment.
• Passion and commitment to the mission of the New England Aquarium.
• Knowledge of multiple languages is a plus.
• Strong public speaking skills desired.
New England Aquarium is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity in the workplace.