- Visitor Experience
- MA, USA
- Part Time Regular
Welcomes and assists visitors throughout the main building and plaza. Join the New England Aquarium Visitor Experience staff during this exciting time when the new Giant Ocean Tank re-opens this summer!
This position is Part Time Regular working Saturdays and Sundays from 8:30am-6:00pm.
1. Demonstrates consistently high standards of customer service by interacting with our visitors and staff in a way that is professional, helpful and engaging.
2. Primary duties include, but are not limited to, taking tickets, checking strollers, welcoming visitors, managing lines and exhibit spaces, and generally assisting to ensure our visitors' experience is both pleasant and smooth.
3. Calmly, courteously, and professionally respond to visitor concerns and complaints and take actions to help resolve them and refer to Supervisors as needed.
4. Cross-train in Information and Membership services.
5. Assist to train, monitor, and develop the teens and interns in our department through coaching and leading by example.
6. Answers questions about the Aquarium, memberships, animals and exhibits, programs, and the surrounding area, including general tourist information.
7. Assist in greeting groups to the Aquarium in an engaging and welcoming manner.
8. Performs other position-related duties, as assigned.
High School diploma and 6 months of job- related experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Customer service skills.
• Enthusiastic personality.
• Feels comfortable in a fast paced, crowded environment.
• Strong communication and customer service skills.
• Able to respond efficiently to changing or stressful situations.
• Cashier skills and experience desired.
New England Aquarium is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!