- Box Office
- MA, USA
- Part Time Temporary/Seasonal
Daily oversees the staff and general operation of the main ticket booth and/or IMAX theatre. This involves duties including staff supervision and scheduling, cashier reconciliation, nightly reporting, and security issues. Maintain a safe, fun, and educational environment for guests and staff that support the Aquarium's mission, while promoting Aquarium programs and IMAX films. Oversees the IMAX box office and theater operations during private events (often in conjunction with a supervisor or director).
This is a Seasonal position through September 2nd. The hours will be approximately 4-5 shifts per week. The shift could be either 8:30am-6:00pm or 2:00pm-10:00pm and will include at least 1 weekend day.
1. Oversees, trains and monitors cashier/host staff in the ticket booth and the IMAX Theatre and ensures that they are completing their assigned tasks and duties appropriately.
2. Demonstrates consistently high standards of interaction with visitors and fellow staff members by providing excellent customer service. Leads by example. In conjunction with a Box Office Supervisor, resolves any customer service issues regarding policies or conflicts that may occur.
3. Schedules daily duties for cashiers/hosts in all areas of the department.
4. Responsible for knowing and informing cashiers of all discounts, coupons and promotions that pertain to the ticketing function and overseeing redemption of same.
5. Responsible for the daily opening and closing procedures for the main ticket booth and/or IMAX box office.
6. Up-sells to combo tickets for all venues; ensures that cashiers do the same.
7. Compiles totals of all data for films in attendance, grosses earned, and tickets sold. Sends results to various contractually required contacts nightly.
8. Performs opening and closing speeches for each IMAX film and other announcements as necessary. Performs all hosting and cashiering job requirements as needed. Performs other position-related duties as assigned.
9. Manages any unforeseen situations such as, robbery, fire, theft, alarm testing, power outages, lightning strikes and elevator repairs when there are no supervisors on duty. Coordinates theatre operations when technical difficulties alter the film schedule.
10. Performs other position-related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Training and Experience
• Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and some college.
• 2 years job-related experience.
• 1 year of supervisory experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong supervisory skills required.
• This position requires a person who is energetic, enthusiastic and outgoing
• Cashiering skills and computer experience required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate calmly and effectively while under pressure.
• Comfortable with large crowds and ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Maintain an energetic, friendly, positive and welcoming demeanor for all guests and staff.
• Quality customer service experience in a fast paced high volume environment.
• Passion and commitment to the mission of the New England Aquarium.
• Knowledge of multiple languages is a plus.
• Strong public speaking skills desired.
New England Aquarium is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!