- MA, USA
- Part Time Temporary/Seasonal
DATE: May 14, 2013
TITLE: Teen Program Advisor
REPORTS TO: Teen Programs Supervisor
HOURS: Part Time Seasonal
CANDIDATES MUST BE FORMER PARTICIPANTS OF THE NEW ENGLAND AQUARIUM TEEN PROGRAM IN ORDER TO APPLY. ALL OTHERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The teen programs advisor aides the teen programs assistant, coordinator and supervisor in handling the day to day functions of the office to ensure the program's smooth operation. In keeping with the aquarium's educational mission, this job is supportive of a broader focus to provide intensive, practical and meaningful experiences to a youth audience that encourages participants to actively become ocean stewards. The job includes basic administrative tasks, assisting on field trips and assisting with managing teens. Success in this position
This position works approximately 20 hours per week from June through August and requires a regular schedule with flexibility to work on weekends and occasionally in the evenings.
1. Assist in leading field trips to the Boston Harbor Islands.
2. Teach Behind the Scenes Workshop and/or assist in Career Skills Class and College Workshop.
3. Implement evaluations following classes, trips and feedback sessions and enter data into a spreadsheet for analysis in a timely manner.
4. Assist with planning and leading Family Orientation and the End of the Summer Celebration.
5. Assist organizing and leading some sessions during teen training July 1-3.
6. Complete other tasks and special projects as assigned.
Minimum Training and Experience
High School diploma and some college experience, former participation in the teen program required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent communication skills for teen audiences, in both one-on-one and group formats;
Ability to communicate with diverse audiences about topics related to teen job performance and about teens facing difficult situations in their lives
Interest in learning about all facets of marine life
Strong collaborator, willing to work with a team, able to adapt quickly to changing situations, strong organizational skills.
First Aid, CPR for the First Responder certification is recommended (can be obtained via NEAq onsite First Aid & CPR training upon hire )
Must pass a CORI/ SORI background check.
** Please include a cover letter and resume as part of your application. **
New England Aquarium is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!