- MA, USA
- Full Time Regular
TITLE: Reservations Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Director, Group Sales
HOURS: Full Time Regular: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Monday- Friday with flexibility to work some nights and weekends
Manage the daily activities of the Reservations department through exemplary customer service and staff supervision.
1. Schedules staffing for Reservations Department and manages daily workload for staff through a distributed daily schedule. Ensures all reservations calls are answered in a timely manner and handled professionally. Makes sure all group packets and mailings are sent daily as well as the fax machine/printer cleared of reservations printouts. Operates phone lines alongside of reservation staff when needed.
2. Manages CISCO desk agent system and uses this system to manage staff calls.
3. Responsible for monthly billing of online agencies, voucher & group tour companies.
4. Ensures groups follow correct payment policy by program. Checks all group sales from day prior full payment in full.
5. Ensures all reservations entered by staff are made correctly through daily reservation checks. Balances daily check reports.
6. Ensures all online inquiries, messages and emails are answered within 24 hours. Works with reservations staff to increase % of groups booked through online inquiries and emails. Prepares appropriate reporting for inquiry report for monthly and annual comparison.
7. Responsible for updating of booking pace report, group sales budget report, surcharge reports, top sales report.
8. Point of contact for reservations agents with customer problems and complaints (included members).
9. Trains reservations agents on NEAq policies and procedures as well as ongoing customer service training and feedback. Uses Mystery Shop program to provide ongoing feedback and training.
10. Updates Reservations Departmental Manual, Fun things to do in Boston Manual, and Outreach Mileage manual as required.
11. Manages IMAX film requests by groups and makes IMAX switch where appropriate for groups.
12. Manages group AR report and follows up sales with outstanding balances and overpayments.
13. Responsible for ordering and maintaining office supplies for staff.
14. Updates all catering menus and forms for reservations agents and website.
15. Works with Boston Harbor Cruises to ensure group and tour companies are booking combination tickets.
16. Manages staff projects as assigned by Director of Group Sales and Group Sales Coordinator.
17. Performs other position-related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Training and Experience
Requires a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent plus 1 ½ to 3 years related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must be willing to work flexible hours to meet the need of the business requirements.
• Possess excellent computer software skills and has a working knowledge of ATMS or a similar database driven application.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Must be detailed oriented and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Must be motivated, flexible and willing to learn.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point)
New England Aquarium is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!