Do you enjoy working in a fast paced customer service environment? Do you enjoy front-line visitor interactions and serving as a resource to others? Are you passionate about the blue planet and protecting our ocean? The New England Aquarium is currently hiring for a part-time Senior Cashier in our Box Office and IMAX Theatre Ticket Offices. The Senior Cashier / IMAX Theatre Host is responsible for providing information to visitors and processing ticket sales transactions for the Aquarium and IMAX Theatre. In addition to processing transactions accurately and accounting for the day's receipts, the Senior Cashier checks in groups, assists in training Cashier/Hosts in their cashiering duties, directs visitors, handles queue facilitation and functions as an IMAX Host when needed.
SCHEDULE: There is two (2) available shifts for this position. All working hours will be scheduled between 8:30 AM -- 8:00 PM. From July - Labor Day, employees are scheduled to work until 8:00 PM in the IMAX Theatre and 7:00 PM in the Ticket Booth on Fridays & Saturdays.
- Friday -- Sunday; 18 hours
- Sunday - Wednesday; ~25 hours
**This is a Seasonal position with a targeted end date of Labor Day Weekend (September 4, 2017).
**The start date of the position is early to mid-April.
1. Demonstrates consistently high standards of interaction with visitors and fellow staff members by providing first-class customer service as detailed in the Box Office Standards. Sets a good example for other staff.
2. Up-sells to combo tickets of all types (Aquarium & IMAX Theatre).
3. Follows department policies and reports any issues to the Shift Leader on duty.
4. Responsible for their own daily deposits.
5. Responsible for knowing all discounts, coupons and promotions that pertain to the ticketing function and being able to ring vouchers and difficult sales in support of the lead.
6. Calmly handles customer complaints; assists in correcting transaction errors as needed at the direction of the Shift Leader.
7. Responsible for training for other Cashier/Hosts in the Box Office functions.
8. When a Shift Leader is not present, may be responsible for opening and closing duties of the Ticket booth; functions as a Line Facilitator directing and assisting visitors as they enter the Plaza and ticketing queues. Assists in the communication with Visitor Experience staff on the Plaza with visitor way-finding and queuing.
9. Greets and/or Checks-in groups for the Aquarium and IMAX.
10. Performs other position-related duties, as assigned. Senior Cashiers must also function as IMAX Theatre Host. Duties include:
• Demonstrate consistently high standards of customer service interaction with visitors and fellow staff members by providing first-class customer service.
• Perform host duties taking tickets, cleaning 3D glasses, bussing the theatre and rest rooms.
• React calmly and pleasantly in stressful situations.
• Function as a line facilitator, directing and assisting visitors as they enter the ticketing queues.
Minimum Training and Experience
• Minimum of High School Diploma required; college degree or some college studies preferred.
• Minimum of 1 1/2 years of cashier and customer service experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Cashiering skills and customer service experience in a fast-paced high volume environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate calmly and effectively while under pressure.
• Comfortable with large crowds and the ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Able to maintain an energetic, friendly, positive and welcoming demeanor for all guests and staff.
• Passion and commitment to the mission of the New England Aquarium.
• Knowledge of multiple languages is a plus.
• Strong public speaking skills desired.
For more information and to apply online please visit: http://neaq.applicantpro.com/jobs/
New England Aquarium is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer as defined by the EEOC.