- MA, USA
- Full Time Regular
TITLE: Grants Accountant
REPORTS TO: Director of Accounting Services
HOURS: Full Time Regular, 35 hours per week
The Grants Accountant is responsible for the financial administration and monitoring of sponsored grants and contracts at the Aquarium.
1. Sets up all sponsored program projects in the financial management system.
2. Reviews and authorizes Purchase Orders and Warrants for input in the financial management system.
3. Analyzes project reports on a monthly basis. Reviews project end dates, compares expenditures to date by line item and in total to the authorized budget.
4. Prepares and transmits invoices for reimbursement. Analyzes accounts receivable aging monthly and makes collection calls as needed.
5. Gathers and analyzes previous year's sponsored grant and contract financial data in order to produce reports required by auditors.
6. Produces and distributes monthly reports, including Active Accounts List, Deliverables List, and Account Summary List among others.
7. Closes project accounts/budgets, making adjustments and budget changes as necessary in the financial management system.
8. Acts as a liaison between managers, Principal Investigators, administrators and the Finance Department, interpreting/analyzing budgets, salary reports, accounting entries and audit practices. Initiates deposits, transfers, adjustments, and closeouts for all project accounts with Finance.
9. Follows internal controls, procedures and processes to assure that sponsored program activities are conducted under and meet the Aquarium's established policies and procedure guidelines.
10. Serves as initial contact for external grant administrators.
11. Performs other financial, general administrative and sponsored research-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Training and Experience
Bachelor's degree in business sciences (administration, finance, accounting, etc) and 3 years related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Solid knowledge and proficiency in accounting principles and practices
• Microsoft Office applications
• Must communicate clearly with tact, diplomacy, and professionalism in dealings
New England Aquarium is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!